Coalition Boot Camp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Coalition

+2
86kurten
xxjaniexx
6 posters

how does total destruction of your enemy affect everything?

xxjaniexx
    xxjaniexx

how does total destruction of your enemy affect everything? Empty how does total destruction of your enemy affect everything?

Post  xxjaniexx Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:13 am

hi,
    i've been playing with my favourite new toys again (trebuchet) Very Happy
    I have a bit of a personal grudge against the slimy creep on the square next to my capital, anyway I decided to teach him that travian is NOT a dating site, so far i've destroyed his wall, palace,rally point, main building, barracks, academy and stables.
    What I would like to know is -

1/ what do you actually achieve (apart from teaching him a lesson) if you completely destroy a village? - is it worth losing a farm for?
    2/i've tried to hit his crannies by using random but i keep hitting fields, does anyone know what the actual odds are of hitting a cranny?
    3/ what happens to that village if i completely destroy it - will he have to start from scratch or does it just disappear?

On a different subject while i'm here, i've got a phalanx as a hero, he's only level 1 so i want to kill him and change him for a haeduan, how do i kill him? Twisted Evil

thanks
    janie
    86kurten
    86kurten

how does total destruction of your enemy affect everything? Empty Re: how does total destruction of your enemy affect everything?

Post  86kurten Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:22 am

from my experiance once you zero someone they generally disappear after a day or two.

Random is random, there are no real odds, tho you are more likely to hit a crannie if everything else is gone

to kill your hero send him on a solo mission to a local oasis
    xxjaniexx
    xxjaniexx

how does total destruction of your enemy affect everything? Empty Re: how does total destruction of your enemy affect everything?

Post  xxjaniexx Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:25 am

Thanks for that, think i'll keep him as a farm for now Smile
    Doh!!! - killing the hero was so obvious - sometimes i'm so dumb, pmsl Rolling Eyes
    86kurten
    86kurten

Post  86kurten Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:23 am

no worries
    Ischenous

Post  Ischenous Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:16 pm

I would go with a TT for a hero. It's cheaper, faster and also faster to revive. Your choice though, I mean I have a Druid hero.
    xxjaniexx
    xxjaniexx

Post  xxjaniexx Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:43 am

Probably shouldn't have asked the hero question at the same time, I've ended up getting sidetracked (easily done when you're me, Laughing ). I still don't know what the point of totally destroying a village is Question - are there points etc involved? or is it just for the sheer satisfaction? I'd be very grateful if someone could answer this please?
    Janie
    86kurten
    86kurten

Post  86kurten Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:33 am

guy i was atacking deleted Sad
    xxjaniexx
    xxjaniexx

Post  xxjaniexx Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:22 am

awww Sad lol
    so does anyone know?
    i'm starting to think ill never find out - is it a closely guarded travian secret? pmsl Laughing

Janie
    rockyroad
    rockyroad
    Admin

Post  rockyroad Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:32 pm

there are only a few advantages to zeroing a village.

1. you want that spot, but the village is too small to be worth the conquering.

2. You want to communicate something very specific to that player.

3. You want to be total prick, so you zero villages for the heck of it.

Outside of that you gain nothing.
    xxjaniexx
    xxjaniexx

Post  xxjaniexx Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Thankyou, Very Happy that was all i wanted to know - not worth it if theres no gain from it.
    Janie
    86kurten
    86kurten

Post  86kurten Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:52 pm

rockyroad wrote:
    3. You want to be total prick, so you zero villages for the heck of it.

Outside of that you gain nothing.

You know me so well :O
    tazzie2009

Post  tazzie2009 Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:09 pm

I disagree, The satisfaction of destroying a village is worth it.Also puts a very big message across to the player you are attacking

Taz
    bardika
    bardika

Post  bardika Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:17 am

seeing ones enemy dead on the field their villages and towns burning to the ground if we did not do this what would the rats eat ? there are some cheeky players on Travian and on occasion i have to send a message to let them know that i will not tolerate them one big hit with catas to let them know whats in store if they continue , but if one of them should persist i will have no choice but to resort to ultimate destruction we can not tolerate insurrection within our own 7x7 . Bardika out .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:57 pm